WEEKLY/MONTHLY EVENT DESCRIPTIONS
Every Monday 9:30am: Coworker Check-in
Set your top goals for the week and get some accountability when you commit to them with a group of coworkers. We use a white board and sticky notes to keep track of who said they would do what. Priorities change and things happen, but the public disclosure usually makes a difference in our ability to do what we say we will do. We end at 10am so that we can get back to work. Try it!
Every Tuesday, 9am-noon: Free Computer Support
Drop in with your laptop or your questions, and Jason will offer advice or fixes.
Every Tuesday, 11am-noon: Social Media mentoring with Annette
Got a quick question about social media? Come in and ask Annette!
Every Tuesday, 12-1:30: a business skills seminar, themes change monthly
Past months have delved into social media, self-publishing, video production. You may have some expertise that you could offer to our members and the public, so please talk with us about your ideas. These events are open to the public for a drop-in fee, and it’s included as a member benefit at no charge.
Here’s a look at past themes and a tentative schedule of upcoming themes:
- January 2013: Your Business and the Law (more)
- February 2013: Creating WordPress websites (more)
- March 2013: Speaking and presenting to build business (more)
- April 2013: Sales and marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- May 2013: Social Media marketing REVISITED!
- June 2013: Self-Publishing Workshops for Revenue and Business Building
- July 2013: Business planning, from start to exit
- August 2013: Producing short videos for your web site
- September 2013: Business Writing: messaging frameworks, web copy, newsletter & blogs, social media
- October 2013: Mobile business strategies for taking payments on-the-go, social media promotions, loyalty programs
- November 2013: WordPress
- December 2013: Looking back/looking forward, goal setting, creating business dashboards
See the classes that were offered in 2012:
- May 2012: Social Media For Business (more)
- June 2012: Self-Publishing Workshops for Revenue and Business Building (more)
- July 2012: Understand the Power of Photos to tell your story (more)
- August 2012: How to advertise successfully on $50/week (more)
- September 2012: Leadership skills for entrepreneurs (more)
- October 2012: FREE and cheap business tools (more)
- November 2012: Targeting your prospective customers… and contacting them! (more)
- December 2012:Looking back/looking forward: end of year financial reporting and planning for the new year (more)
Every Wednesday, 9am: It’s About Creating Health
Weight loss support group, all invited, contact Ann Whitmore
Every Thursday, 4:30-5:30pm: Coworker Happy Hour
No agenda, just social. Members take a break to introduce themselves and share a drink with other coworkers. Once a month (usually the 3rd Thursday) we hijack the happy hour, start it at 4pm, and turn it into a member meeting where we give updates and listen to feedback. Great ideas, such as the hourly Cafe membership, come out of this meeting!
Every Friday, 7:30-9am: Bainbridge Business Connections (BBC) business learning and networking
Every first Thursday, 5-6pm: coworker Open House! Come have a drink with us, meet other coworkers, and see what’s going on here.
Every first Thursday, 6-7pm: Bainbridge Business Connections (evening edition, or “BBC2″)